Is constant body pain keeping you from doing your job well or enjoying time with loved ones? Do you toss and turn constantly at night, unable to fall asleep and wake up feeling exhausted? Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is known to cause widespread pain and fatigue as well as presenting challenges with sleep, memory, and overall mental health. For a very long time, traditional medicine felt that fibromyalgia was a psychosomatic disorder and that it was best treated in the realm of psychiatry and psychology. Unfortunately, many practitioners still believe that is the case. We now know differently – there is even a blood test for fibromyalgia. Although osteoarthritis is the most common musculoskeletal disorder, fibromyalgia is next!
Fibromyalgia, like autoimmune disease (in fact, some people wonder whether it is an autoimmune disorder) has many potential causes. Chronic infections, our gut bacteria, our genetics, our hormones and our lifestyle all play a role. Like with autoimmunity, women are also the most common sufferers. They are 7 times more likely to get fibromyalgia than men.
If you believe that you may be struggling with fibromyalgia, Radiantly Healthy MD will partner with you to find a solution to restore your quality of life. We frequently have patients ‘graduate’ from our practice once their personalized comprehensive treatment program is completed!
Located in Indialantic, our board-certified medical director Rebecca Hunton, MD and the team at Radiantly Healthy is dedicated to helping you become radiantly healthy and have heal your fibromyalgia. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and learn more about our exciting treatment options!
Some signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia can include:
- Muscle tenderness and pain, especially when certain areas are touched or pressure is applied
Fibromyalgia sufferers also experience other symptoms, including:
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- Morning stiffness
- Numbness or tingling in the hands and feet
- Menstrual irregularities and pain
- Difficulty concentrating (i.e. “brain fog”)
Fibromyalgia can be debilitating. Did you know that:
- Depression occurs 3-4 times more often in fibromyalgia patients. A true indication of being sick and tired of being sick and tired!
- 50% of fibromyalgia sufferers need help with simple tasks such as housekeeping, preparing meals and caring for their family.
- Fibromyalgia sufferers have difficulty in the work environment, often needing to quit or change jobs.
- Since fibromyalgia prevents people from pursuing other healthy lifestyle habits like exercise, they are more often frequently hospitalized.
- Traditional medicine typically uses a cocktail of 3-4 medications to control the symptoms of fibromyalgia, sometimes creating dependence and addiction to opiates.
We are very proud of our track record with fibromyalgia sufferers! We look forward to helping you put fibromyalgia into remission! If you would like to take your first step to become radiantly healthy, contact us today to schedule your consultation!